Saturday, March 21, 2015

My art journey has been an ever changing metamorphosis.
I would venture to guess that it is that way for many artists.
Maybe most artists.

The pieces that I first did were much like my home and my wardrobe,
subdued and calm.
Filled with vintage elements.

I very much enjoyed this early phase.....





....And then I found the joy of colors.
Bright and bold.

And something in my heart blossomed.


I have favorite colors that always seem to make it into
each painting... even when I vow that I'm going to
try a different color scheme~
I look down and see that crimson, tangerine, and viridi turquoise
have their lids open once again!

Those are the colors that speak to me.
That inspire me.
That bring a smile to my face.

I've painted birds.




I've done a series on what I called my 
Grateful Girls.



I've worked on some whimsical animals.



And my newest venture has been in abstract.





I have very much been enjoying the process of balancing color and patterns.
Of finding meaning in symbols.

Of letting go and just putting hand to canvas.

It's such a peaceful, mind-freeing state to be in.



I have enjoyed all the changes that have come and welcome them with an open mind
and an open heart.

I'm so thankful for the joy-bringing that comes with creating.

Blessings and big wishes to you on this beautiful day~

Chasity


No comments:

Post a Comment